HOW CDSS CAN HELP YOU
Are you involved in...
- contra dancing
- English country dancing
- morris dancing
- folk singing
- other forms of traditional music and dance that originated in England or the United States?
Are you or your local group interested in planning an event, project or publication that will introduce or enhance these traditions in your community or region?
If your answer to these two questions is yes, we'd like to help. CDSS is committed to supporting individual and group efforts to create and enrich traditional dance and music communities from coast to coast. Here are ways we can help:
- listen to your ideas and offer logistical advice
- refer you to online resources
- put you in touch with others who have organized similar events/projects
- help with publicity through the CDSS newsletter and website
We also offer financial assistance in a variety of ways:
- Grants and financial backing — To learn about or apply for this funding, see CDSS Outreach Funds. For a selection of events and projects we have previously supported, see Our Funds at Work.
- Scholarships — We offer scholarships for individuals attending our summer Dance, Music & Song Camps, including some specifically for our affiliated member groups. (Scholarships for non-CDSS programs are available through our grants program.)
CDSS provides funding focused in the following areas based on our mission:
- Creating new opportunities and community collaborations
- Offering useful skills and resources to boost dance communities
- Supporting organizations to transform their operations and/or strengthen financial stability
After you've read our online information, if you still have questions feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-203-5467.