If you are a NEW Affiliate, or to pay by check, download and mail this PDF. (Online registration for new Affiliates coming soon!)
For questions about insurance, group membership, or tax exemption, contact Ben Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 413-203-5467, ext. 106. If you need immediate assistance, please call the office at 413-203-5467 and press 0 to reach a CDSS staff member.
Group Liability Insurance — CDSS affiliate groups are eligible to participate in CDSS' Group General Liability Insurance Policy.
Group affiliation is an important way to support the work of CDSS. We welcome groups that that have roots in English and North American dance, music, and song.
Benefits of Group Membership
As a member of CDSS, you'll receive the benefits listed below and join the more than 300 groups across the US, Canada, and beyond who are supporting our dance and music community.
- CDSS News — quarterly newsletter (Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall) packed with interesting articles, tunes, dances, and event advertising (see below)
- Publicity — your group will appear in our Group Directory, and we will list your events in our events calendar
- Advertising — 50% discount on placing ads in the CDSS News
- Store consignment — items from the CDSS Store are available for resale on consignment
- Store discount — 10% discount on items from the CDSS Store
- Liability Insurance — group affiliates are eligible for Group Liability Insurance
- Summer programs — group affiliates are eligible for Priority Admission & Matching Scholarships
- Tax-exempt status — group affiliates are eligible for federal Nonprofit / Tax Exempt status
- Mailing Labels — group affiliates may purchase a one-time list of members for creating mailing labels to promote their activities.
And also enjoy the benefits we offer to all groups:
- Advice — CDSS offers advice on programming, group organization, financial reporting, bylaws writing, registration procedures, sound equipment and staff suggestion
- Financial assistance — grants are available to help groups start new events (weeks, weekends, festivals), train leaders, and create publications
- Equipment rental — ritual dance equipment (swords, hankies, bellpads) is available on short term loan and for a modest fee
U.S. Affiliate Groups are eligible for Group Liability Insurance and 501(c)(3) status, as well as all of the perks offered to all CDSS Affiliates.
|Affiliation||Affiliation + 501(c)(3)||Affiliation + Insurance||Affiliation + Insurance + 501(c)(3)|
1-20 events: $585
1-20 events: $660
Per-day/single event insurance is still available for Affilaites at $65/day.
All aspects of Affiliate membership renew together on May 1 of each year.