CDSS News Issues
The CDSS News is a print publication and, in a slightly shorter format, an online publication. Below are articles and other material from the most recent issues. We hope you find it informative, thought-provoking, and entertaining. Please contact us if you have comments or questions.
Our Upcoming Events calendar of workshops, balls, special events, weeks, and weekends throughout North America, is only available online. There is no charge for a simple listing (date, event name, town/state, sponsoring group's name, contact info); send to email@example.com.
To submit letters, articles, dances, tunes and songs for possible publication, send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about advertising (print edition only) is here. To receive the printed newsletter as a benefit of CDSS membership, join here.
All material in the CDSS News is copyrighted by CDSS, the individual author or the original publication and may not be reproduced—other than for personal use—without permission. Views expressed represent those of the authors and not necessarily of CDSS.
LETTERS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Balance and Sing (Store Update)
- CDSS Sings — Sacred Harp and Community, by Sharon McKinley
- Yoga for Dancers: Keep Practicing — Release Attachment to Immediate Results, by Anna Rain
- Director's Report: Art Exists to Serve Communities, by Rima Dael
- Celebrate the Joy — Centennial Updates
- Centennial Tour — Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Farewell, I Must Be Gone, by Emma Breslow
- Community Dance Works Wonders for Veterans with PTSD and Brain Injuries, by Deborah Denenfeld and Jean Borger
Web Extra: Traditional Dance for Soldiers with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, by Deborah Denenfeld (Summer 2011 CDSS News)
Web Extra: Tune notation by John Krumm
- Box the Ocean, by by Madame Padovan's School of Dance, a.k.a. 10-12 year olds' class at CDSS Week at Timber Ridge