Note on Cancellations and Online Events
If you need to cancel an event that is already listed in the CDSS calendar, please email Anne Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org with the event name, date, and location.
Wednesday Waltz concerts are expanding to include waltz & other tunes for your dance and listening pleasure.
The Zoom will open 15 min early to get everyone on Zoom, learn how to use the features, and say hello!
5:45pm PDT(8:45pm EDT)
100% of your donations go to the musicians!
snail mail: 621 Athol Ave., Oakland, CA 94610
After the waltz, everyone is welcome to say hello to others from the area and around the world. Please mute when you are not talking.
Have you tried dancing on Zoom?
One of the BEST things is that it allows everyone to interact in their own way. You can "PIN" anyone's video and dance while looking at their video. Even better, you can arrange (via Chat) to PIN videos with a friend while dancing. The Best part is that you don't know when you're PIN'd and there's no limit, so it's totally inclusive. You can also dance at home, or enjoy watching all the dancing, or just listen and be transformed by the music.
We have 500 person capacity, so invite your friends, musicians, and anyone who would enjoy waltz music or dancing.
For your safety, if you want to dance at home:
Please clear a space, consider wearing shoes if you're used to dancing in shoes, stay hydrated, go easy if you haven't been dancing regularly.
Join Zoom Meeting (click link)
Meeting ID: 952 9059 5311
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,95290595311#,,1#,191607# US (San Jose)
* Install & test Zoom before the event. Test your mic and speaker.
* Please MUTE yourself unless you are talking during the chat times.
* If you have issues with internet, you can turn OFF your video and that might help.
* If there is a HUGE turnout, we may ask folks to turn off all video & mute so the music can be more clear.
* Video options (top R of PC screen): Speaker view (puts the musicians center screen) or Gallery view (lets you scroll through pages of participants).
* You can also "PIN" any video and it will stay centered. You can PIN anyone and they won't know, and any number can PIN the same person. You can also "CHAT" with a friend and PIN each other's videos to "dance together"
To PIN a video on a PC, hover over the video and click on the 3 dots in the corner. Select "PIN video".
You can also go to "Participants list" and find someone by name, then click on them and PIN should be an option.
* iOS and Android devices have different options. It may work on a phone to double tap the video you want to PIN.
We look forward to seeing you!
Time Zone Information
Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 6:45 PM Pacific time
Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 7:45 PM Mountain time
Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 8:45 PM Central time
Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 9:45 PM Eastern time
Thursday, May 28, 2020, 2:45 AM United Kingdom time