Congratulations to our most recent rounds of successful grant applicants!
We funded the following projects in October 2011 & January 2012:
- 15th annual Pourparler — gathering for teachers of traditional dance in schools and/or communities, TX
- Contra Affair — new contra dance series for college students and local community, OK
- Cracking Chestnuts — historic presentation and evening of dance chestnuts in conjunction with monthly gender-free dance series, San Francisco Bay Queer Contra Dance, CA
- Catapult! The National Contra Showcase — festival to showcase callers and bands, GA
- Spring Dance Weekend — English country and contra dance weekend with new aspect of including workshops for callers of both genres — Sun Assembly Country Dance, NC
- Swan’s Island Community Dance — new contra dance to revive dancing on remote island, ME
- Contra Callers’ Workshops — series of mentorship workshops for new callers with opportunities to call at local dances, NM
- Mountain Dance Trail — revitalizing dances in ten communities, Heritage Arts Program, WV
- Impropriety Weekend — English country dance and music workshops in three cities in the Bay Area, CA
- Contra Culture — contra dancing included in weekend Ecovillage event, Dance Rabbit Dance, MO
- 2nd annual Dare to Be Square — weekend of square dancing and calling workshops, VA
- Northampton Family Dance — supporting a monthly family dance series during change of venue, MA
- Contra Dance Music and Calling Workshops — pre-dance workshops led by caller and musician, NH
- Wallowa Fiddle Tunes Camp — adding contra dance to existing week-long music camp for families, Northeast Oregon Folklore Society, OR
- Open Contra Dance Band Practice/Workshops — several workshops for musicians leading up to playing for final dance, RI
- Bicentennial Concert and Barn Dance — dance and concert in honor of Red Hook, NY bicentennial, NY
Who will be next?
Upcoming funding deadlines are April 1, July 1, and October 1.