CDSS provides services to members and Affiliate groups in the U.S. and Canada. We support a variety of traditions rooted in English and North American culture; the common thread that binds them together is their celebration of human togetherness and collaboration. We believe that the traditions nurtured by our organization benefit individual health and social cohesion. These are living traditions that speak to the needs of the present. We support the innovations that naturally emerge, as we honor the past by providing historical perspective.
In order to achieve our goals, we must continue to build the strength of the organization, including implementation of technology infrastructure, expanding staff capabilities, improving governance, expanding and diversifying our nancial resources, and tapping into the talents of our extended organization of members and volunteers.
We connect and support people in building and sustaining vibrant communities through participatory dance, music, and song traditions that have roots in English and North American culture.
Communities strengthened by dancing, singing, and making music together.
OUR PRIORITY FOCUS AREAS:
- EXPAND OUR IMPACT - Expand our impact, influence, and visibility across the continent by fostering connections among Affiliates, building new partnerships for collaboration, and advocating for participatory arts.
- PROVIDE VALUE FOR MEMBERS - Provide value for members in all constituencies by responding to their needs, expanding our resources and services, and e ectively communicating what we have to offer.
- REACH SCHOOL-AGED AUDIENCES - Improve our ability to bring traditional dance, music, and song experiences to school-age audiences through school and community-based programs.
- DOCUMENT AND STEWARD LIVING TRADITIONS - Document and steward historical and contemporary practices of music, dance, and song traditions.
- ROBUST CAMP PROGRAMS - Create a robust camp program based on evaluation of current and future community needs.