Group Priority and Matching Scholarships
These benefits of Group membership in CDSS relate to our Dance & Music Camps summer sessions. Your group may choose to combine its Priority Admission and Matching Scholarship requests.
Group affiliates may designate one or two people for priority admission to CDSS summer programs. The intent is to give priority to group teachers and leaders; however, if you feel someone else in your group would benefit more, you may designate him and/or her.
How does it work?
Based on prior history, we anticipate needing a lottery for the adult dance weeks at Pinewoods, the family sessions and most of the Courses. Because there is not always enough space to accept all of the leaders who apply:
- All individuals receiving priority must be CDSS members.
- There are 40 spaces per Week and 40% of Course spaces reserved for priority admission.
- If one hopes to attend more than one week, this and any other priority is only available for the first choice week.
- Each Group Affiliate may seek priority for a maximum of two people each summer. (2 single applications or 1 application for a couple plus any minor children at a Family program).
- We will give higher priority to group leaders who have not attended camp before.
- CDSS does not consider gender in our admissions.
- Most of the Courses are designed for people who meet specific criteria. Those criteria will maintain a higher priority than this.
To receive priority, we must receive nomination from the Affiliated Group as well as a camp registration form and deposit by March 16, 2015. No substitutions will be accepted for leaders who must cancel.
CDSS can match up to half the expenses of coming to one of our Camp programs if a Group Affiliate offers a scholarship.
What is the purpose?
We want to give participants an awareness of the variety and breadth of resources available to them, by introducing them to new dances, songs, teaching methods and styles; to new people whom they may hire; and to people who may have organized similar events.
Who is it for?
Interested groups can choose from among your up-and-coming leaders, musicians, callers, or administrators someone who you feel will be enriched by the experience, who will put into action the information they learn at our programs, and who has a commitment to your group and is interested in helping it.
How many scholarships are there?
We were able to match a total of 10 applications with $4,015. We will try to meet each qualifying application. If we have more applicants than available funds, CDSS will select among the applicants, giving priority to people who have never been to one of our programs and who have not been scholarship recipients in the past as well as some priority to groups that have not received this match in the past.
What is provided?
CDSS will pay up to half the expenses of coming to camp if this amount is matched by the sponsoring group. Covered expenses can include the camper fee as well as travel costs. Travel cost matching funds are based on fixed amounts designed to cover basic transportation costs from different parts of the country. No travel is covered if driving from less than 100 miles to camp.
If your group is interested in this scholarship for one of your members, please fill out the top part of the application form, have the individual fill out the second half and return it to CDSS by mail, email, or fax. We will review all applications near March 16, 2015 and you will be notified of our decision in April.