Become a CDSS Group Affiliate!
Group affiliation is an important way to support the work of CDSS. We welcome groups that practice and promote English and Anglo-American traditional, historical and folk dance, music and song.
Benefits of Group Membership
As a member of CDSS, you'll receive the benefits listed below and join the more than 300 groups across the US, Canada, and beyond who are supporting our dance and music community.
- CDSS News — quarterly newsletter packed with interesting articles, tunes, dances,...
- Group Directory — compilation of groups that sponsor dance and music events
- Members Directory — access to members' contact info via our web site (per their privacy preferences)
- Publicity — your group will appear in our Group Directory, and we will list your events in our Events List
- Advertising — 50% discount on placing ads in the CDSS News
- Mailing labels — 50% discount on mailing labels
from the CDSS mailing list, in zip code order.
Group Affiliates pay 3¢ per label ($30 minimum charge, plus shipping; approved nonmember groups pay 6¢ per label ($60 minimum charge, plus shipping). This is for snailmail labels only; we don't share our email list.
- Financial assistance — small loans and grants are available to help groups start new events (weeks, weekends, festivals), train leaders, and create publications
- Equipment rental — ritual dance equipment (swords, hankies, bellpads) is available on short term loan and for a modest fee
- Store consignment — items from the CDSS Store are available for resale on consignment
- Store discount — 10% discount on items from the CDSS store
- Advice — CDSS offers advice on programming, group organization, financial reporting, bylaws writing, registration procedures, sound equipment and staff suggestions
- Voice — members have a voice in the governance of CDSS
Group and Institutional Membership Rates
If you would prefer to send in your payment by mail, here is a printable membership form. (pdf)