General information for community events
This section provides information for organizers starting events or groups that are open to the public and geared toward the general community (as opposed to those at schools or colleges). These articles will help you deal with logistical issues such as finding a hall, doing sound, dealing with money, etc.
- Crafting a Vision for your event or group: How to clarify your goals and put your vision into practice.
- How to Structure Your Organization: Different models for creating an organizing committee
- Finances: How to create a budget, types of expenses to plan for, and sources of income
- Finding a Hall: How to find the perfect space for your events
- Finding Local Performers: How to seek out performers for your events
- Hiring and Communicating with Performers: how to contact performers, how to negotiate pay, information on contracts
- Publicity: How to get the word out
- Doing Sound: How to find and operate sound gear