Early Music Week at Pinewoods
August 15 - 22, 2015
Join us on Facebook!
VIDEO: Here's what Early Music Week at Pinewoods is all about! (View a larger version)
Is there still room?
For up-to-date info about availability and wait lists,
see our Dance & Music Camps page.
This year's theme
Over the Moon and Under the Sun:
Exploration and Inovation
Comments from some recent participants:
- Outstanding! Sang things I never knew I was capable of.
- So amazing what we learned and accomplished.
- This was the most I have ever learned in a dance class.
- It was as close to perfect as I can think of.
- Great positive energy. Had a great time!
- Loved my week here. Will be back next year!
Specific details of next summer will be available soon
Here is the staff list and theme. Program details and class descriptions will be ready soon.
Our program offers musical challenges and opportunities to players and singers at every level, from highly experienced to those who are just beginning. From morning technique and consort classes to afternoon special topic ensembles, we will play and sing music from the vibrant Middle Ages to the virtuosic Baroque.
- If you've never played a musical instrument (but wish you could) or if you studied music years ago (and fear you've forgotten everything), there are classes to get you started or to help brush off the rust. Introductory classes are offered in recorder and viol.
- Singers of all abilities will benefit from singing class, chorus and mixed ensembles with instruments.
- Dancers and dance teachers can learn an instrument and participate in the daily dance classes and the nightly dance parties.
Advanced and intermediate players and singers have a wide array of classes from which to choose, led by an outstanding and dedicated performing faculty. Our staff features active professionals and acclaimed teachers of early winds (recorders, reeds and brass), strings (viols and violin), harpsichord and voice. Dancers will also find a wealth of activity, including high-level technique classes, challenging ensembles and historical dance. In addition to our music classes, we relax with two ponds for swimming or canoeing, a Camphouse deck for summer reading, afternoon tea and lots of wonderful dancing.
Also offered during this week: English Dance Musicians Course with Jacqueline Schwab. Separate registration is required for this.
|7:45-8:15||Hot Breakfast served cafeteria style|
|8:15-8:45||Cold Breakfast Coffee/Tea available|
|8:30-8:50||General Morning Warmup and Recorder Warm-up|
|9:00-10:30||AM Instrument Classes|
|12:00-12:30||Free time: Swimming, Bookstore staffed|
|2:00-3:15||1st PM Class|
|3:35-4:45||2nd PM Class|
|5:30-6:20||Free time: Informal camper readings, Swimming, Bookstore staffed, Side-by-Side Readings|
|8:15||All Camp Dance|