Callers' Liability Insurance
CDSS is now offering liability insurance to its individual members who are callers within the United States. (We now offer this policy directly, rather than through Callerlab.)
What It Covers
The general liability, bodily injury and property damage portion of the policy provides liability coverage in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence, with an aggregate limit of $3,000,000 per caller, per event. It protects you, the caller, for any acts, or omissions of acts, that result in bodily injury or property damage while you are calling dances or related activities. ("Related activities" include regular dances, workshops, and classes)
This insurance is for callers only, not groups. The policy does NOT cover dancers, musicians or your equipment. We do also offer Group Liability Insurance to our affiliated groups in the US.
How It Works
Here's how the program works:
- Insurance coverage is May 1 through April 30; applications are accepted after May 1, but rates are not prorated - the premium remains the same throughout the year. All coverage ends on April 30.
- You may request that one or two additional insureds - the building or hall where you call - be listed on the certificate of insurance.
- Please allow 3 weeks for processing of insurance requests.
- All certificates will be e-mailed unless you specifically request otherwise.
- The cost of the insurance this year is $65. This covers the insurance and CDSS's administrative costs. If you are adding one or two additional insureds (per #2 above), there is a $10 fee for each.
- You MUST be a CDSS member in good standing to access this coverage.
- Payment for insurance must be made out to and sent to CDSS.
How to Apply
Application forms are below.
Any questions? Call Jeff at extension 103, or write him at email@example.com.